The UK is a cosmopolitan place to stay. Thousands of families from around the world have made the UK their home, creating a multicultural society.
There are also almost a quarter of a million international students in the UK at any one time.
Why Study in United Kingdom?
The education system in United Kingdom is amongst the oldest in the world. Students here get a chance learn at historical universities which have been set up by the royal family of Great Britain or by a Papal decree from the Catholic Church. Universities in UK comprise of a number of different faculties and colleges, each of which confer degrees in various subjects to students.
The United Kingdom has some of the most prestigious and historical university campuses in the world.
With focus on research and practical know how, the education system in UK has earned itself a reputation for employability. When you study in UK, your educational qualifications are recognized globally and help you grow in the career.
A number of award-winning research projects have emerged from universities in the UK. As a student pursuing research, you will have significant advantage when you study in UK.
UK degrees can take only three years and postgraduate Master’s courses only one year – compared with four years and two years in most other countries. UK degree courses are shorter because they are more intensive, and therefore more efficient in terms of your time and money.
Study in the UK is affordable as compare to USA and Canada. A lot of scholarship and Bursaries are offered by the UK institutions.
National Health Service is Free for students going for higher studies for more than 6 months of studies.
Test Requirements in United Kingdom
It is important to become proficient in English to qualify for better universities in UK. You will probably be required to take the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) before you will be admitted to a UK university.
Know more about IELTS, TOEFL training and certification.
How to apply for studying in UK
You will need the following documents for processing your application
- Transcripts of your records from all previous schools that you have attended
- A personal essay of around 4000 words or less explaining your reasons to apply and be accepted as a student
- Proof of English language proficiency – scores of either IELTS or TOEFL
- Some universities ask their applicants to appear for an entrance test to shortlist prospective students. Some universities such as Oxford and Cambridge will also ask you to appear for an in-person or telephonic interview before finally accepting you to the university.
Few of the Top Universities to study in United Kingdom
MIDDLESEX UNIVERSITY LONDON
One of the most diverse, multinational and multicultural communities of students and staff of any university in the UK, with almost 19,400 students and 1,900 staff from 140 different countries based at our modern north London campus in Hendon alone. Middlesex University London generates more than £280 million a year for the Barnet economy, supporting some 3,800 local jobs.
LEEDS BECKETT UNIVERSITY
Based in the vibrant city of Leeds, the biggest financial district outside of London, our vision is to be acknowledged for our commitment to student success, innovation and enterprise, global reach, and strong local impact.
THE UNIVERSITY OF SUNDERLAND
The University of Sunderland is a global institution. It offers life-changing opportunities to thousands of students across the world, in partner colleges and in our four main sites at Sunderland, London and Hong Kong. University is research active, with ten areas of ‘world leading’ research – real-world research that is taught in your lecture halls and labs. Sunderland will put you, our student, at the heart of everything that we do.
UNIVERSITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON
The roots of the University of Wolverhampton lie in the 19th century growth of Mechanics Institutes, providing vocational and general education for working men. In Wolverhampton the Free Library (1870) developed technical, scientific, commercial and general classes, while a School of Art, established in 1851, had been developed into the Municipal School for Art in new buildings by 1885. By 1903, University had courses in coach building, house painting and pattern making.
BPP University is dedicated to preparing you for a professional career. University offers a strong commercial approach, within a business culture designed to help you stand out in the workplace after you graduate. The programs are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals in the fields of law, business, finance and health.
UNIVERSITY OF EAST LONDON
The School of Architecture, Computing and Engineering (ACE) is an award-winning School with dedicated industrial links and key strengths in vocational education. The School has a track record in producing highly employable graduates by applying design methodologies and advanced technologies to real-life scenarios in architecture, computing and engineering.
UNIVERSITY OF WEST LONDON
UWL has a reputation for high-quality education closely linked to employment. University aims to inspire students to become innovative professionals, connecting them to exciting and rewarding careers. Based in the heart of one of the UK’s most successful business regions, the University has highly qualiﬁed staff with a wealth of experience in their respective disciplines and strong connections to their industries.
Duration of Study
The duration of studies in UK is shorter in comparison to other educational destinations in the world. For undergraduate, it is 3 years (4 years in Scotland), whereas, for the Postgraduate, it is 1 year.
Application Support Services
Our University application support service will increase the chances of getting your profile selected at the UK University you dreamt about. This service is free to all Indian students.
Our association with UK universities helps you to get your application reviewed prior to submission. The entire process and final selection is 5x better and guaranteed than you applying on your own!
- Free consultation with a university specialist
- Assist you with a list of recommended universities to apply to
- Review your application forms
- Editing of your personal statement
- Advice on the required documents
- Advice on available scholarships
- Advice on offer acceptance
- Support throughout your course until graduation /Post graduation
A points-based scheme is being introduced covering migration to work and study in the UK.
- From March 2009, all students coming to the UK on programs of longer than 6 months in duration will be assessed under the new system – as “Tier 4” applicants.i.e. the student category
- Students will need to show that they are “sponsored” i.e. have an offer from a licensed institution to study full-time on a program which leads to a minimum qualification within the UK’s National Qualification Framework
- Once applicants have met all the conditions of their offer we will issue a Certificate of Acceptance of Sponsorship (CAS) to enable them to apply for a student visa. Please note that this will be in the form of a unique ID number
Documents required for CAS
- Passport number, passport issue and expiry dates (where student has a passport)
- A complete list of qualifications on the application form
- Applicants for student visas will also need to demonstrate that they have funding for the first year of the course AND £600 per month (£800 if they are going to a university in London) to cover living costs for the calendar year
- Student visas will be issued for named institutions and students wishing to change university either before or after coming to the UK will need to apply for re-approval Visa Processing Time
You can apply for your visa within three months of your intended date of travel. Processing time varies immensely depending upon time and volume of the applications.
Summary for Points calculation:
Summary for Points calculation:
• You need 40 points to be able to apply for a student visa. You will need to provide the evidence needed with your application form.
• 30 points – Doing a course at an acceptable level with an approved education provider (also known as sponsorship)
• Evidence required is a confirmation of acceptance for studies reference number issued by your approved education provider, and the documents used to obtain it.
• 10 points – Having enough money to cover your course fees and living costs (also known as maintenance).
• Evidence required is Bank statement or letter confirming that you have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs for a given period.
Our experienced visa consultants have wide knowledge of the latest immigration legislation, rules and regulations. We offer consultation to students who wish to obtain a UK visa.
- Tier 4 (G)/ (Child) student visa to enter the UK
- Tier 4 (G)/ (Child) student visa extension in the UK
Student Visitor Visas
Family, work, business, EEA national’s family, settlement and British citizenship visa application support is also provided.
Student Visa Application Service
To complete your visa application for studies in UK quickly and increase the likelihood of success, your immigration matter will be handled within a few simple stages:
- Free initial consultation
- Provide a checklist for necessary supporting documents
- Completion and submission of your online application to UKVI
- Book an appointment for your documents to be submitted at a UK visa center
- Communicate with UK visa and immigration on your behalf